Monday, November 23, 2009

Results from The King of AZ 8's Match!

Thanks Carlos for the good games we had, it was not an easy match and the closest and toughest I have had, boy am I spent after that. We both showcased some good pool and gave away some games too.

The final scores were 4-2 Lenny in the one pocket, 8-6 Carlos in the bar table 8 ball and 100-98 Lenny in the 14.1. It was a nail biter at the end with me getting my high run in 14.1 also.

I was down 98 to 79 and ran the remaining 5 balls in a rack setting up for a good breakshot and it was 98-84, I ran that rack to make it 98-98 with another good break shot and got the remaining 2 for 21 and out. I continued to pocket balls after we were finished and ran another rack setting up for a break shot but got too straight with no break shot, the run ended at 35, my previous was 31.

I do feel Carlos is a better player then I am and I just squeaked it out, he played one pocket very well and did not leave much, I had to make some very tough shots and many banks. In the 8 ball we both gave eachother alot of games and also played some decent games too with safes and runouts.

The 14.1 win or lose for me was interesting since neither of us really play it. 14.1 was decided by Sarah at Kolby's drawing it out of a pitcher. Carlos wrote 9 ball on one piece of paper and 10 ball on another, I wrote 14.1 and banks, wanted to pick golf instead of 14.1 but I guess its not in the BCA rule book. It was fun and I am glad to have my crown back with a 4-0 record.

No comments: