Thursday, November 5, 2009

NY Trip & My Return

Well last week I was in NY for 10 days and it kind of stunk, rain and more rain. I did not get to play my old friend Charlie which I was hoping to do, but I did get to stop by Gallery Billiards. I saw alot of my old friends there and got into some small action, side betting on games, played some 9 ball and broke even playing some one pocket. I hope to get Gallery live streaming out on Newburgh as it would be nice to watch them play, good shooters there and just great people.

I am glad to be back home with my family, I did get to go play on Tuesday and live stream the Kolbys tournament. I did get to pick the chip that adds money to the Kolbys tourney, $900 the day before I went to NY. Basically a chip is drawn every Tuesday and if it matches the day of the month the money is added to the tourney. I got into some action with Jude aka Bad Company finally, he stopped by to pay off some sweat bets and the woofing went on with Scott Frost offering to play him 5 ahead giving 11-2 for $2000 but he did not want to play the freezeman.

He said he would play me so we got to talking about a game and agreed $50 a game and me giving 8-7 and the first break and play winner breaks but I wont the first game and he pulled up stating he needed the breaks the whole time so I agreed, fastest adjustment I ever seen. We went back and forth for a bit and then we agreed on a race to 3 for $100, Scott had a piece of my action as he sometimes gives me a piece of his, he told me to bare down and stop playing so loose. I did and won 3-0, sometimes having a champion in your corner helps out because I had an hour sleep and was sick so I found myself not performing.

Neither one of us played well but Jude said to stop by his room which is Clicks in Phoenix and play some and we would play even doing the same thing. Perhaps I will make the trip when I feel better, home court advantage is big though so it will be interesting to see what happens. I do respect his gamble and atleast he stepped up and played, more then I can say for many who bark and talk but never play. I have had a few people make games with me and never show or back out, you either need gamble or heart, dig deep and play hard to win.

No comments: