Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Upcoming Match with Fatboy

Well the Fatman is coming from Las Vegas to play me sometime this month,I hope he is ready to play because I am.I am going to work extra hard this month and dedicated myself to making less errors and to really focus.I dont know what to expect as I have never seen Fatboy play but I am sure it will pass as we play and I wont be nervous.See the idea is to get in to stroke and its tough to do if your nervous and rigid,you have to be relaxed and fluid.I think this will be a good match,we will be playing 8 ball,one pocket and banks,should be alot of fun and I look forward to it.I just need to keep finding the time to practice.One good thing is I have become used to my new cue that Dave made me,he sent me a birdseye shaft that I will most likely use primarily for one pocket as it is 31 inches long and helps to reach certain shots,here is a pic of it at the bottom of the post,click on it to make it bigger.I hope that I play well,alot of my friends and most importantly my family will be tuning in for sure,my mom told me last night she would be watching,that makes me nervous.
Lenny the Lock

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lenny. Jim here (av84fun) an ex-AZer.

I enjoyed your 2 rack break and run video. Nice shooting.

I'm an Instructor and if I might be so bold, I have a couple of tips for you.

If you notice your first couple of shots you came up big time. You may well do that more often on power shots but that is when it can get you into the most trouble.

I suggest you commit to shooting 100 shots without moving ANYTHING but your stroking arm until the ball is down into the pocket and then shot the firt 10 shots of all your warm up sessions that way for the rest of your life!

Also, while you seem to have a very straight stroke, you tend to jab your final stroke...again, especially on the faster paced shots.

You can achieve the exact same cue speed with a SMOOTHLY accelerating stroke and make much fewer errors that way over time.

I teach thinking of having to initiate the stroke by stroking through a marshmallow....the tip moves slowly at first but then penetrates the opposite side of the marshmallow and accelerates to the CB.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

Regards,

Jim