Friday, May 23, 2008

Live Stream of Eclipse Pool




























Well i have been up and thinking about my plans for the future with the live streaming.The success of the Earl exhibition and the Reyes and Frost one pocket were really good,it wasnt an easy thing to do but it was certainly worthwhile not just for me but the fans and people involved.I wish I would have had the funding to do it better but I did quite well for the money I had to do it with.



I do believe that I will continue to do it,I already have another stream in the works and this time it will be the game of 14.1 that I will be bringing to the fans.I have been in contact with a few people about getting some sponsorship for the streams,it will be so helpful to get better stuff to work with and slowly improve the stream at each event I do.I havent sought out sponsorship,I have been hanging back and a few people have came forward and there have been some talks.I do believe people who want some cheap exposure of their products and business will get on board.I would like to do more streams from the state of Arizona as there are events and tournaments going on that are worthy about once a month or so.



Another avenue I was thinking of persuing with this is for room owners who have tourneys and want to have there own little page and a tourney live streamed from there a cheap way to get exposure and advertise.I believe I can help pool in my area on a small scale by doing this,its great for the fans too,as for the money,well there is no money in it!Most people who have any sense know there isnt much money in pool and for me thats not my motivation.I just want to get this going smoothly and have the equipment to do a good job,cover any expenses while I am doing it like gas,food,and whatever else so I dont have to go into my pocket to bring fans,promoters,room owners and whomever else something that is beneficial to them.I know that the best way to do this from my point of view is sponsorship,the sponsor gets very cheap advertising and exposure all over the place since the internet is worldwide and the fans get to see some pool,the room gets airtime and the players too!

I think this is the way of the future for pool,ESPN isnt doing anything so the IPT is doing there streaming with there money behind it and doing pretty nice stuff.The Action Report is awesome because its bringing fans straight up gambling with top players and you get to see the players gamble on all games.I do think they have a bright future and as sponsors realize the following is growing they will grow and grow and then be in the green and perhaps have something televised which would be cool.I wont ever be on the level of TAR and dont want to be honestly,its alot of work doing it and I am glad to just do it locally instead of driving all over the country and dealing with all the business stuff.

I just want to get a few sponsors and do stuff in my state, keep the stream nice,simple and smooth,maybe eventually have people commentate if they would like whom have knowledge.So I am waiting to hear back on one sponsor to see if he is going to come through,it might help both of us alot in what we are trying to do and it will be awesome to get a few things I need to improve the stream.I was so shocked to have 750 people watching and the stream go as well as it did with what I had to work with,the night before when I streamed Earl Strickland it went smoother and the quality was better,it was all about the internet connection and also lighting too.

Well enough rambling but I thought I would keep people informed on what I have been doing pool wise and will let you know whats coming down the pipe when its all definate.So take it easy and check out the link to the stream I was referring to that Im providing below,there are some videos on there too,enjoy.



Fast Lenny



http://www.ustreamt.tv/channel/eclipsepool

No comments: