Saturday, May 24, 2008

8 Ball Tourney

So I went out with my buddy Jay Burner tonight to play some pool at Alexanders but they werent having a tourney for some reason,funny how that happens,anyways we went to Metro up the street instead.They were having a bar box 8 ball tourney and it filled up quick with 32 players and what a grind.I won my first 2 matches and then lost my 3rd,won about 4 or so on the losers side and had the guy hill to donut,then we were hill-hill only to miss a cross corner bank on the 8 ball.I hit the banks I had all night too,it was the most important one and the only one I missed.

I was happy to beat one player who was a tall black guy and took the game real serious,I could tell me and him wouldnt mix.I played him and he wins the first game on me after a botched shot by me,he also tried to play safe and fouled by not getting a rail.I ask him if its ball in hand and he wont answer me and then says "You know the rules.",so I take ball in hand and he says that its gamesmanship and Im trying to get to him mentally since I asked that knowing the answer and the rules,the only thing I could think was what a jerk this guy is.I win the next one after he and I have a safety battle,the next rack I brake and run out beautifully and now he is shot.So on the last rack I run out on the guy again and I go to shake his hand and he wont even shake my hand,to me he deserved the drilling he got for being a jerk.

All in all I played pretty sporty and if I made that bank perhaps I could have taken the thing down,my buddy Jay thought for sure I was going to get there especially after playing as well as I did and all those damn matches I had to play.I so far in AZ since I moved here 9 months ago have about 7 cashes out the 14 tourneys I have entered so 50% to cash is pretty sporty.I plan on getting a table eventually,to be honest its the only way Im going to get to the next level with my game,playing once a week and going into tourneys stone cold just is not going to cut it and is doing more harm then good.

Well thanks for listening to my little vent on my night out and I guess it was better coming in 4th then going 2 and out.Take care and see you in the fast lane.

Fast Lenny

No comments: