Monday, March 8, 2010

It Has Been Awhile...

It certainly has been a bit since I updated this but I figured I should and I am coming off a loss tonight so I thought I might ramble a bit. As of late my game is improving and growing which means I am moving ahead of the guys I have played and matched up with and have to give more weight. These tough games are challenging me and it is good in some ways but I have to do what I need to do as far as improving and I am not sure if all this tough action is good or bad for my game.

If I am winning it builds confidence but the close/tough loss can really put me in a bad state of mind. I think the best thing I can do is practice and just play more for the love of the game and not the money because then you lose sight of why you began playing in the first place. Are you playing pool for the action or the love of the game?, I think the action has been controlling me in some aspects.

I love pool and just want to improve and I know gambling comes into play as does tournaments but practicing and enjoying it is what really matters. Well time to hit the sack, can be tough sleeping after a loss but tomorrow is a new day with a clean slate.

No comments: