Friday, August 22, 2008

Fast Lenny Vs Tim Demaagd Aka Grindz

I was challenged by Tim in a Shootout this past Wednesday at Kolbys and we agreed on Rotation,One Pocket and 8 ball.I have never seen Tim play so I didn't know his speed or style of play,on top of it I have never played Rotation before.We decided to play a 1000 points of Rotation and we both regretted playing that long,he beat me 1000-758 I believe.I think absorbing all the rules while I was playing affected my game there but for my first time playing it I really felt I held my own.

The one pocket is where I felt I would dominate,I broke first and won that game easily.We both kept winning on our breaks and it was 3-3 and my break and I went up 5-0 in that rack,I end up losing that rack and Tim ends up on the hill first.The next game is a long one and a real nail biter,Tim needs one and I need them both,I bank a ball 2 rails and in and have a long straight in shot but I am on the rail,I commit and make it to have a hill-hill match.Tim takes a risky bank at speed and sells out my out ball for me to win the one pocket and snatch victory from him,you can see the nail biting ending in the video below.

The last game to decide it all was race to 5 in 8 ball,we both played badly as neither of us ate for the whole 8 hour session,no breaks either,I won 5-2 and still am King of Az 8's as of now.My next match wont be until the end of September,I hope I play better then I did in the last one.I have to say thanks to Grindz for coming out and playing,he is a good player and I enjoyed the match and the grind,he lived up to his name.You can see the Rotation and One Pocket in the Video section at www.ontherailtv.com ,we have alot more challenge matches to come.The next event is tomorrow at Bullshooters in Phoenix,should be a great event taking 2 days,9 ball on the big table,this is the Arizona Desert Classic Tours event and it should be a good one.See you there.


Fast Lenny

No comments: