Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lots of Hours in Action

Well lately I have been in a ton of action as I have stated and in a few days time I won about $700 playing. I am getting a little worn down but battled hardened. I had a session with Preacher Ronn where we started out at $20 a game and when I got up 5 we jacked it to $50 a game. About 10 hours later we broke even at 7am in the morning! I do not look at it as breaking even, I took away some stuff from it. One thing I learned is to control the action which I knew but did not stand by. I know I am good for 4-5 hours usually but got tired and lazy. If you feel this way whether your up or not it might be best to quit winner and make a game for the next day or another time as to not let time overtake your ability from being fatigued.

I hope I can take a few days to just practice and perhaps not play anyone whether it is friendly or otherwise and do just drills. I am not much of a drill or practice guy but I need to do it. I have been making some simple mistakes when I beat a guy to the shot and that is not running the balls the way I should and instead of getting out I get 1 or 2 balls and that is just sickening to me. I have lost a few games against better movers who I beat to a shot and then do not get out then letting them back to the table and losing when you just need a few balls can be torture. Well I am now up over $5000 in wins for the year playing pool, hopefully I can add a couple more thousands to the tally before the year is over.

Here is a picture of me in action in a little roadhouse bar in Orange County NY.

No comments: