Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Challenge Match Vs Brady aka BVal

So for those of you who watched I won as I predicted,we didn't play the 10 ball as I had already won the first 2 out of 3 giving me the crown.I have to say I had alot of anxiety going in and was nervous but as I started making balls I felt pretty good.I had some good outs in one pocket but felt too comfortable and played pretty loose,almost had a nice 8 and out but on my last ball that I got perfect on I missed.

The 14.1 I was uncertain I would win,he was up 30 some balls to my 20 something and I then made my charge winning 150-84,my high run was 16 or something like that,I got perfect on the break shot and bobbled it though and I think I might have ran 25-30 as I felt pretty good.I had lot of runs of 10s and 12s in the match,I wasn't looking for a big run but to just get the majority each rack and just win.I would shoot the break ball if I had a tough shot because I didn't want to leave him the balls if I missed and then I would duck when I didn't have shots,that was my game plan since he doesn't run alot of balls.

I really was happy to play Brady win or lose though as he is a gentleman and has good sportsmanship.I have a few other challenge matches lined up,3 people are interested in playing me,one at a time and I hope to continue a good run and play well.This weekend Saturday at 3pm I will be streaming a challenge match between Ray Robles and Roger Long,they are doing an all around format similar to me and Brady.

One thing I learned from watching the footage you can see in the Video section at www.ontherailtv.com is that my mechanics are so bad but yet I still play pretty good,people could look at me and mistake me for a D player very easily,haha,maybe I will work on it or just strive to be A speed and have people pounce on me who I can give the 5 ball to.I had alot of good players tell me that I will make alot of money gambling with mechanics like that if my game does go to A speed,I already have made a few bucks because guys approach me after watching me shoot because I dont look like a player,a few of those guys dont play pool anymore and I busted them,not bad for just a B player.Well see you Saturday for our next stream.
Fast Lenny

No comments: